Occupational Medical Surveillance and Screening
Website and/or Calendar Links
The University of Illinois Occupational Health Services Institute provides comprehensive occupational and environmental healthcare service for employers, unions, and workers.We provide necessary medical tests & vaccinations (including yearly for influenza) either routine or one time workforce on-site screening. We also conduct site inspections for risk identification and can provide on-site industrial hygiene assessments. We can coordinate a medical surveillance program to satisfy your organization's occupational health care needs; to assist your organization in complying with OSHA Standards; and to increase health awareness in the workplace.
- Comprehensive physical examination and evaluation
- Medical history review
- Audiometric screening
- Vision screening
- Laboratory evaluations
- Substance abuse testing
- MRO review
- Chest x-rays
- Executive health examinations
- OSHA-mandated exams
- Foreign travel examinations and immunizations
- Respiratory Fit testing
- Medical advice and consultation about your organization's occupational health issues
- Physician site visits for risk identifications
- DOT evaluations
- On-site medical screening available
- Employee assistance programs
- Rehabilitative medical referral services
- WTC volunteer physicals (.pdf or .doc)
The Medical Surveillance Program is part of the clinical services provided by teaching faculty of the Great Lakes Centers for Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health of the University of Illinois School of Public Health, a World Health Organization Collaborating Centre. Our physicians are board certified in Occupational Medicine with 5-30 years experience in providing services in both the public and private sectors.
- We offer a medical specialist and counseling assistance referral network.
- Our nurses are certified in spirometry and audiometry.
- X-rays are evaluated by a certified B-reader.
- We have direct access to all the resources at the University.
Visit the Medical Surveillance Program webpage for more staff information.
- Report old or inaccurate information
- Is this your program? You can update it.
The Occupational Medical Surveillance and Screening entry belongs to the University of Illinois at Chicago Community Engagement Portal. You may edit it there: