Office of Public Affairs
Website and/or Calendar Links
The Office of Public Affairs is an information source and public portal to the campus. Working with media in all its forms, the office broadens public awareness and understanding of UIC, its mission and the achievements of its faculty and students. In addition to outreach through the media, Public Affairs manages UIC’s own news and information properties including UIC today; UIC News, the award-winning print and online campus newspaper; audio and video productions; and social media channels.
- Disseminate news and information about UIC to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide strategic leadership for media and public relations
- Experts guide for the media
- Manage the university’s primary social media channels, including YouTube; Facebook; LinkedIn; Twitter; and the UIC Science blog
- Support units in cross-campus internal communications
- Guidance on photo and video policies
- Serve the campus administration and colleges in crisis and emergency communications
- Office of Public & Government Affairs
- Report old or inaccurate information
- Is this your program? You can update it.
The Office of Public Affairs entry belongs to the University of Illinois at Chicago Community Engagement Portal. You may edit it there: