Illinois Early Learning Project: Project Approach
Resource Type:Online Resource
Website and/or Calendar Links
The Illinois Early Learning Project provides support, resources, and information for teachers, specialists, administrators, and trainers interested in the implementation of the Project Approach in classrooms for preschool children.
A project is an in-depth investigation of a topic undertaken by a class, a group of children, or an individual child in an early childhood classroom or at home.
The Project Approach…
- is a method of teaching in which an in-depth study of a particular topic is conducted by a child or a group of children.
- is incorporated into the curriculum but does not always constitute the entire curriculum.
- helps young children meet the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.
Visit the Project Approach webpage to find more information about:
- Project Guides
- Project Examples
- Lesson Planning in the Context of Projects
- Blog: Persepctives on the Project Approach
- Project Approach Definitions
- Project Approach Facebook Group
- Related Project Approach Research
- Project Approach Tip Sheets
- Becoming Young Thinkers Institute
- Summer Institute on The Project Approach
- and The Legacy of Lilian Katz