Resource Type:Online Resource
Website and/or Calendar Links
Healthy Hopping is a series of 6-8 lessons that engages youth to increase their physical activity and eat healthy.
Each lesson contains a nutrition activity, jump rope skills, and preparation of a healthy snack.
Besides teaching nutrition and physical activity, the program provides the youth the opportunity to work together and practice achieving new skills.
The lessons include:
- How to eat following the food guide pyramid
- Jump rope tricks with single ropes
- Nutrition for building strong bones
- The importance of exercise
- Double Dutch jumping
- How to prepare easy snacks
- Jump Rope rhymes and games
No address has been specified