The Autism Program Affiliate at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Website and/or Calendar Links
Affiliate at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
TAP at the U of I is part of a state-wide network of resources for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in the state of Illinois and is one of their five Regional Training Centers. They are a joint program of the Department of Human and Community Development and the Department of Special Education.
The TAP Resource Room is housed in the Family Resiliency Center and provides a place where families and professionals can find information or preview materials that might be helpful to them.
TAP focuses on:
- Providing a resource and referral center for parents and professionals.
- Developing and evaluating model programs in training, treatment, and family support.
- Facilitating collaborations between agencies, schools, and individuals that enhance the community’s capacity and quality of services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and their families.
Many different types of materials are available in the TAP Resource Room. All of the materials are free, and can be customized to meet individualized needs. TAP staff and student interns are available to meet in person or via phone/email to collectively brainstorm creative problem-solving solutions. Many of the materials can also be translated to Spanish.
These materials include:
- Books and DVD’s for checkout
- Teaching kits containing structured teaching activities for checkout
- Learning aids
- Flyers, articles, brochures, and booklets from local, state, and national organizations which are free to the public
- Department of Human Development and Family Studies
- Department of Special Education
Partners Outside the University of Illinois:
- Report old or inaccurate information
- Is this your program? You can update it.
The The Autism Program Affiliate at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign entry belongs to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Public Engagement Portal. You may edit it there: