Illinois Aerospace Institute Summer Camp 2017 - Session 1
Date:Sun, 6/25/2017 - Sat, 7/1/2017
Event Type:Summer Camp
Website and/or Calendar Links
The Illinois Aerospace Institute (IAI) summer camp is a one-week residential program for students entering grades 9-12 who are interested in learning about the fields of aerospace engineering and aviation. Though most of the students who attend are from the Midwest, students come from all over the U.S. and internationally. Many campers have some sort of experience with the aerospace field, through model rockets, remote control airplanes, or having a family member who is a pilot, but no experience is necessary, just an interest in learning about the field of aerospace engineering.
The Institute is held on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Students stay at in a University or University-certified residence hall with live-in camp counselors. Students will learn about a variety of topics regarding aerospace engineering through classroom sessions, laboratories, demonstrations, and hands-on activities.
- Session 1: June 25 - July 1, 2017
- Session 2: July 16 - 22, 2017
- Application deadline is April 15.
- Enrollment in each sessions is limited to the first 40 qualified applicants with completed applications, so register early.
- Visit the IAI Camp Program website for application information.
The $1000 fee includes lodging, all meals, and instructional costs.
Fee payment deadlines are as follows:
- May 1, 2017 – If accepted, deadline for completing camp registration form. Also, a non-refundable $50 deposit must be submitted.
- May 25, 2017 – Last day to submit full payment.
- June 1, 2017 – Last day to withdraw and receive a 50% refund of camp tuition.
Limited financial aid is available based on need.
- Department of Aerospace Engineering