GAMES 2017: Girls Learning Electrical Engineering (GLEE)
Date:Sun, 6/18/2017 - Sat, 6/24/2017
Event Type:Summer Camp
Website and/or Calendar Links
Girls’ Adventures in Mathematics, Engineering, and Science (GAMES) is an annual week-long camp, designed to give academically talented high school girls (rising 9th-12th graders) an opportunity to explore exciting engineering and scientific fields through demonstrations, classroom presentations, hands-on activities, and contacts with women in these technical fields.
GAMES presents an advanced curriculum, uses world-class instructional facilities, and provides an “away from home” experience at one of the best engineering schools in the world.
Enrollment in the program is limited to ensure the quality of the academic experience. GAMES has a selective admissions process based on academic performance, a written essay, and a teacher recommendation.
Visit the Camp Tracks webpage for full listing of available topics and options.
2017 Girls Learning Electrical Engineering (GLEE) Camp Track
Technology and electronics are all around us! At this camp, young women will have the opportunity to explore current devices through the eyes of an innovator-engineer by designing and building their own cell phone and light emitting calculator. Campers will also explore how electrical engineering is used to address socially relevant issues.
This year’s camp will include most of these topics and projects, but is subject to change.
Application & Cost:
- Eligibility: rising 10th-12th graders; high school level Algebra and Geometry class or higher recommended
- Cost: $1,000
- To apply: Visit the GAMES application website
- Please note: There are eight total GAMES Camp tracks to choose from. However, admissions is done on a first-completed, first-served basis, which means that your camp/topic of choice may be full at the time of your application’s consideration. If this happens, you will be placed on a waiting list for your first choice camp, and will be admitted to your second or third choice of camp, space permitting.
- Financial aid available for those who qualify.
- April 15, 2017 - Last day to submit applications (although they may be kept open if some camps are not full by this time)
- May 1, 2017 - Deadline for reserving your spot in the GAMES camp. Registration and non-refundable $50 deposit must be completed.
- May 31, 2017- Last day to submit full payment.