Exploring Your Options in Mechanical Science and Engineering (EYO-MechSE) 2017
Date:Sun, 6/11/2017 - Sat, 6/17/2017
Event Type:Summer Camp
Website and/or Calendar Links
Exploring Mechanical Science and Engineering is a week-long residential program that introduces high school rising juniors and seniors to the field of Mechanical Science and Engineering. Mechanical Engineering is all about building things! Mechanical engineers understand how machines work and how to design and construct new ones to solve challenging problems in the world. This camp will explore many of the exciting new topics in mechanical engineering, such as:
- constructing wind turbines to harvest clean energy from nature
- building robots to explore and clean up hazardous waste
- creating prosthetics to help injured people walk again
- making water treatment systems that run on sunlight for the developing world
Campers will get hands-on experience building and designing machines that make the world a better place, using all their creativity and problem-solving skills. The camp will also include field trips to on-site labs and nearby research and manufacturing companies.
- The total camp fee for 2017 is $1,000, which covers tuition, housing, meals, and all fees for camp activities.
- A deposit of $50 is due upon notification of acceptance into the program. Please do not send a deposit with the application materials.
- Limited scholarships are available based upon financial need. (Scholarships supported in part by John Deere and Shell Corporation.)
- If you are in need of financial assistance to attend camp, there is a box on your application. Please click “yes” and fill out the questions.
May 1, 2017 - Deadline for reserving your spot in the WYSE camp. Registration and non-refundable $50 deposit must be completed.
May 31, 2017 - Last day to submit full payment (remaining $950).
Visit WYSE Summer Camps Application for application specifics.