The Emerging Business Leaders program at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign is a summer program designed for high-achieving Black, African-American, Hispanic, Latina/o, and Native American students entering their senior year of high school. Participants live on campus and learn from world-renowned faculty, work on a capstone group project with other students, and connect with corporate executives to expand their knowledge on business-related careers.
- Attend seminars led by College of Business faculty about concepts in accounting, finance, marketing, and other business disciplines
- Have your resume reviewed and participate in a mock interview with an Illinois Business Career Adviser
- Practice your presentation and public speaking skills and learn professional business etiquette
- Create a business plan and work on a capstone group project
- Visit corporations to learn about careers in business
- Learn about the University of Illinois admissions process (and how to write effective college application essays to make yourself stand out!)
Open to Black, African-American, Hispanic, Latina/o, and Native American students who will be entering their senior year of high school and:
- have a “B” (3.2/4.0) GPA or higher;
- demonstrate leadership through extracurricular and volunteer activities and work experience; and
- must be available for the entirety of the program (July 9-27, 2017).
Cost & Scholarships
- A $500 program fee that covers housing, meals, and social activities will be due by May 15 for accepted students.
- Full need-based scholarships to attend the Emerging Business Leaders program are guaranteed for qualified students.
- Students who complete the program and decide to enroll in the College of Business at Illinois will receive a renewable scholarship to help cover their college costs!