Internships and Prior Learning
Website and/or Calendar Links
The three IPL programs: Internships, Prior Learning Assessment, and Service-Learning demonstrate the commitment of UIS to the principle that learning is active and can be acquired in a variety of settings.Internships and Prior Learning Services
IPL consists of 3 programs: Internships, Prior Learning Assessment, and Service-Learning. All 3 of these programs allow you to earn ECCE Engagement credits and/or fulfill degree program requirements.
- Internship Services enables students to obtain real-world experience in their area of study. Students earn credit by completing the Internship Course concurrently with a field experience: either an internship or a project.
- Prior Learning Assessment gives students an opportunity to earn credit for past college-level learning. Students earn credit by completing an online course and developing a portfolio about their experiences.
- Service-Learning courses allow students to engage with the community and develop an understanding of civic responsibility by providing community service to non-profit agencies as part of their coursework. This program also currently sponsors the Social Responsibility and Leadership Development Minor, which complements any UIS major.
- Center for Academic Success
- Report old or inaccurate information
- Is this your program? You can update it.
The Internships and Prior Learning entry belongs to the University of Illinois Springfield Public Engagement Portal. You may edit it there: