Continuing Education at the iSchool
Website and/or Calendar Links
The iSchool is pleased to offer continuing education students an opportunity to take graduate level elective courses from our Library and Information Science and Information Management curricula. Whether you are seeking professional development as an information professional or exploring graduate programs as a prospective student, we can work with you to determine courses that fit your academic or professional goals.
Formal admission to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is not necessary, but a bachelor's degree is required. Continuing education students may take a maximum of 12 credit hours of coursework. Permission to take additional credit hours may be granted in special circumstances (e.g., alumni seeking professional development, ISBE endorsements). A maximum of 12 hours can be applied toward a degree upon matriculation.
- Check respective pages for semester-by-semester information (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- When registration opens, fill out the Request to Enroll form
- The iSchool will then determine availability of seats in the course(s)
- If approved, we will send you instructions on how to officially register through CITL
- Once you are registered through CITL , you will receive correspondence from us regarding course logistics
Visit Continuing Education at iSchool for full details and policies.
- School of Information Sciences