Dance for People with Parkinson's Series
Website and/or Calendar Links
Laura Chiaramonte and Kate Kuper, instructors
Beverly Hillmer, accompanist
Experience the fellowship of communal dance with instructors Laura Chiaramonte and Kate Kuper of Dance at Illinois. If you or a loved one is living with Parkinson’s, join us to explore gentle movement in a safe, welcoming environment.
Set to uplifting, familiar music, this 70-minute monthly class may assist with the preservation and improvement of balance, flexibility, and strength. Please dress comfortably for this full-body workshop.
Workshop Location: Level 2 Rehearsal Rooms
• The Opera Rehearsal Room can be reached most directly from the Yellow and Orange parking garages (off Illinois Street).
• If you need help locating the Opera Rehearsal Room, you can watch a YouTube video that walks you from the Orange parking garage to the class.
Please note: The 10am morning classes are held in the Drama Rehearsal Room and the 6:30pm evening classes are held in the Opera Rehearsal Room.
• Parking in the Krannert Center garages is free after 5pm on weekdays, and all day on weekends.
• A limited number of metered spaces are located on every level of the underground garage (15 minutes for 25¢).
• Additional metered spaces are on each street surrounding the Center.
• Spaces marked with the accessibility sign can be found on every level of the underground garages. Metered spaces require payment unless you have a meter-exempt hangtag or license plate.
*All other spaces in the underground garage are reserved for permit holders. Campus Parking patrols the lots regularly and will ticket anyone who does not have a permit parked in these spots*
This workshop was developed by the Mark Morris Dance Group, the Unity Parkinson’s Disease Support Group, Carle Clinic, Dance at Illinois, and Krannert Center.